Tuesday, September 4, 2012

QT10019: Psalms 116: 1-2 (How I Love God)

I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
- Psalms 116: 1-2 


It has been a long time since I've written a quiet time article once again, so here we go. Once again let me remind you that these articles I've written were for learning purposes and my own enlightenment and I just want to share what I have learned from the verse.

As a Christian, when asked by someone "Do we love God?" of course we'll answer "Yes!" but do we really mean that? What I've realized in this verse is that sometimes I really take it lightly when I'm saying or expressing how I love God. If you were asked to answer a question within in a second and the question goes "Why do you love God?" how or what are you going to say?

Do you know the feeling when you call your son's name and he smiles back at you? That is how God felt when you smiled back at Him after He called you.
I asked my son the same question and somehow he felt the need to say "Yes!" because of what we always teach him, but when asked why, he said "Because he gives me lots of toys". As a child, they are mostly inclined to return love when someone rewards them or pays attention to their needs. Sadly, that perception in some people remains in them. Are we only to love God because he blessed us? Does that mean when we don't receive rewards we won't worship Him or love Him anymore?

In the book - Spirit Filled Life written by Jack Hayford, he mentioned about how can a man make a difference when so much pain and suffering exists. It is true and it is probably the very reason why most people don't believe on God and thus making it difficult to share the word of God to others. More and more ways were developed in order to reach those people who don't want to believe on God anymore. But what others do not know is that those ways were developed not just to reach other people, it is also for those ministers, preachers, pastors or even church members to show God how they love God.

In all my years I have never ever opened a conversation to anyone specially a stranger. I am what others say the shy-type person. I was never good in opening a conversation, I've tried but it was always cut short because I'm probably too boring to talk with. This is one of the reason I've made this Quiet-Time verses articles. Blogging became my hobby a few years ago and the time I wrote my very first Quiet-time verse was the time I realize that I can use blogging to share the word of God.

I love God and I know that there are ways I lack that I can compensate with some other things. I lack the skill of conversing but have a hobby I can use to reach others and share the word of God. And I do this not just to reach you my dear reader but also to show God how I love Him. And I do this because He is not just my greatest provider but because He gave me a gift of salvation and I want you to have a part of it too.

There are ways to show how you love God and these are:
  • SHARE his words, and by sharing you are being obedient to Him or being a good
  • FOLLOWer of Christ, as His command (2 Tim 4: 2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.). 
  • The last one is to LISTEN to His words.

So how do you love God? You can share this to other friends if you like and let them find their own way of showing how they love God. Thank you once again for your time and hope you had a very nice quiet-time with God. God bless you all.

0 comments: