Friday, April 20, 2012

Residence Permit Application for New Babies in Saudi Arabia

If you are a Filipino or an expatriate in Saudi Arabia and you just had your new baby, then congratulations to you! Anyways, you might be wondering how your baby can have their iqama (residential permit). Here are things you might want to prepare before going to Jawazat:
  1. Your baby's new passport and photocopy.
  2. 2 pcs picture (Iqama size).
  3. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate - Saudi issue (You can get it at Saudi Civil Service I think). If you don't have an idea what it looks like, just check the picture below.
  4. Original Marriage Contract and photocopy (with arabic translation)
  5. You and your wife/husband's original and photocopy of iqama.
  6. If you have another child before that was born in the kingdom, it would be best to bring his/her original Saudi birth certificate too.
  7. Jawazat form - get it from the front desk
Saudi Birth Certificate of Noah.

The form you'll get from them will be in arabic but do not worry, once you get your form in front, get out again and you'll find a lot of people there asking for them to do the filling-up for you. Most of these people are now using a computer so your form will now be quite neat.

I didn't pay a dime when I processed my son's iqama. I only paid 20SR for letting the people there fill-up the form. You can get the Iqama or Residential Permit the same day you have processed is so it is quite convenient. It took me around an hour to process it. So here is my son's new iqama.

Hope you find this article useful. Requirements may change so it's best to ask local friends if they have an idea of what the requirements are.


Kate said...

Hi Noel,
Yes congratulations on any new arrivals.
I would like to recommend if you need to translate any documents Live Translation for Arabic Translation.
God bless those working hard in Saudi.

Nortehanon said...

This is very informative, Noel. This is a big help to those expats who have new additions to the family.

God bless!

Jb toledo said...

You didnt mention the passport of the parents is it required? Thnx

Noel Ablon said...

Thanks for all your comments.

jbtoledoI think I did make a copy of our passport but they didn't ask for it when I was there. Just to make sure, bring a copy and the original as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sir noel, do you have idea on how to get a visa for a new born baby born outside KSA?Hope you will respond..thanks!!!

Noel Ablon said...

You can ask your company's assistance regarding this matter, because you'll need a letter from them which approves that you can sponsor a member of your family. The requirements are mostly the same as stated above.

kwentuhero said...

Noted, this is very helpful.
Thanks for posting Sir!

yors said...

Good day Mr. Noel. Ask ko lng sana kung kelangan pb ng appointment sa Jawazat and kung kelangan pb ng stamp ng sponsor ang application form.
tnx and more power!

rhauda ismael said...

Hi sir pde ko poh bang iuwi ang anak q b wlang visa?may passport nman poh xa

Noel Ablon said...

So sorry, didn't see this. Well, it's better to ask our immigration or consulate with regards to that matter Sir. Kasi di ko rin alam eh.

Noel Ablon said...

yors - sa tingin ko po ay kailangan, di ko na po natandaan eh - sensya na

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...