Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Blast from the Past

"Rain, rain go away come again another day. Little children wants to play." So much rain and it's hard to even stroll around and take photos of good places plus the pressure of having to budget the cash on hand for our entire stay here in the Philippines. Lately, I've been trying to avoid too much expense by not buying unnecessary goods. Good thing we are staying with my mom.

I had a trip to an agency two days ago to pass our legal documents to apply for a dependent visa back in Jeddah - Saudi Arabia. The agency is just near the Malate Church so I took my camera with me and took some pictures of the Malate church.

Now according to Wikipedia and WikiPilipinas, Malate church is one of the oldest Catholic church in our country. It was built by the Augustinians in 1588, was destroyed in 1667 and was rebuilt in 1677 - 1679. Wow! if we look back, history itself is our treasure. Although I was tempted, I did not take pictures inside the church just for the sake of having a photo and display it on my blog so I just took the outside features - with respects to the Catholics as well.

It was really awesome to see a Baroque-style church and a historical place. The church is undergoing a restoration process. I've seen parts that were restored already and it was so clean and good to see. Once restored, most parts will look new. I hope they have a way of making it age to make the look and feel the same as the front feature of the church.

It is facing the Manila Bay but there's not much to see on that area so I just took pictures of Lapu-lapu monument and the Virgin Mary. I just felt awkward while taking picture of the Virgin Mary because there is this guy who keeps on staring at me and keeps on whispering something to me or probably to himself. To make it short, I didn't take a good picture of the virgin Mary sculpture so I went to Lapu-lapu's monument. To see most of the picture, visit my photoblog here.

That's it for now. Thanks for visiting my blog once again.

0 comments: