Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Barenaked Experience

For a change here is something new and I just have to blog about it. It is so new that I still haven't thought of what category to put this article. Last Tuesday, me and my sister went to visit our cousins in Barenaked Body Sugaring Salon. Ate Cecil kept on coaxing me to try-out their Brazilian in which I have to be bare-naked while they do (other employees) the sugaring method on my "you know". First thing I thought was, I'm not ready to do something like that and I think I never will be ready for it so I just laugh and said "No!". Pain didn't really register on my mind until I realized that the method was always compared to waxing. I've tried waxing on a small part of my leg before (I just tried it out of curiosity) and it was so painful. And that made me more decided not to try it out. They kept on telling me that it doesn't hurt and even if it did, it won't be as painful as waxing.

Just to give you information about sugaring vs waxing, here is a comparison. Please click the image below to make the image larger.
To cut it short, I was coaxed into trying out their sugaring method just to experience it, but not the Brazilian. I decided to try it out on my armpits. I really appreciate the fact that there are no chemicals on their method. My cousin, Sugar was the one who serviced me and she even let me have a taste of the "sugar" that looks like a honey gel. I have to admit that it was painful but less painful than the waxing I did on my leg before, I didn't even shed a tear (lol!). After removing my armpit hairs, she tried to remove some fine hairs lurking on the lower part of my chest and it didn't hurt a bit. She said, it hurts because it was my first time and since I am a man, my hair is much stronger compared to women's fine hair. She also explained that after the first hair removal the new hairs will be much more finer than my previous one which means if I ever come back and have it remove again, I won't feel pain anymore.

I have to admit that at first, it feels weird not having hair under my armpits but I am loving the feeling already (too bad, my youngest son won't have a plaything anymore). I told my wife about my Barenaked experience and she wants to experience it too and even want to try the Brazilian. Barenaked Body Sugaring is highly recommendable. Currently, their shops are located at SM Fairview The New Annex and SM City Taytay in Basement 1. They are currently on 1 Year Anniversary promotion of up to 50% off on selected products and services. Check out their Facebook page for more details and updates on their promo - visit Barenaked Body Sugaring FB page.

This is not a sponsored article.

2 comments:

Chin chin said...

I've never tried waxing and certainly sugaring is something I've read about only now. Not sure if I will try it, maybe...

By the way, Noel, would you like to join my blog's simple giveaway? The prize is a free game (Noah's Bible Challenge) download for iPad or iPhone. God bless.

Noel said...

Wow! that's nice, but unfortunately I don't have an IPad nor an Ipod hehe! But thanks for inviting me anyways. I actually saw your latest content and read about it but like I've said, I have no IPad or IPod.