Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Astro Boy Movie - 2009

A thrilling tale of a true hero, Astro Boy is an all-new, feature film full of action, adventure, humor and heart. It will be brought to life on the big screen in breathtaking CGI animation on October 23rd, 2009.

Set in futuristic Metro City, Astro Boy is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma (Nicolas Cage). Powered by positive "blue" energy, Astro Boy (Freddie Highmore) is endowed with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly.

Embarking on a journey in search of acceptance, Astro Boy encounters many other colorful characters along the way. Through his adventures, he learns the joys and emotions of being human, and gains the strength to embrace his destiny. Ultimately learning his friends and family are in danger, Astro Boy marshals his awesome super powers and returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.

===
This movie takes me back to my childhood. I remember, whenever I hear it's theme song I'd run fast and watch this immediately. I've seen the trailer of this movie and I am really fascinated by the 3D Graphics, hope the story is good too. By the way, the cast is pretty cool, they even put Nicolas Cage's voice in here. They even added a touch of anime/manga style characters.

This is really something to look forward to this October. Hope they release an early R5 version. This will look great in my 32 inch LCD TV.

I can't wait to see this movie. Here is a picture of what Astro Boy used to look like.

To see the trailer: CLICK HERE!

3 comments:

Life Moto said...

nice info bro. same with me it reminds me of my childhood favorite 30+ years ago :)

Noel Ablon said...

Ganun na ba katanda itong anime na ito? Grabe hehe! Sabagay mas maganda pa rin ang classics.

EngrMoks said...

excited din ako sa movie na to tol... kailan kaya ipapalabas? sana soon! add kita sa link ko...