Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Experience of a Lifetime

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. – James 1: 17 (NLT)
Being a father-at-home made me realize a lot of things and experience some great things as well. Losing a job could probably be a big deal for someone specially to a parent father - actually, at first - it was a big deal for me but time goes by I began to see great things.

Blessing of a father-children bondage
This would probably be the best ever blessing a father-at-home could ever have. I remember back when Ize (my eldest son) was still a baby, my wife is the one caring for him personally while I word at the office. I often get frustrated when I try to make Ize laugh, he just kept on ignoring me or he just don't want to react on my effort to make him laugh. With Noah (my second and youngest son) it was almost a no-effort to make him smile even to make him laugh; now Leah's the one who gets frustrated. Nothing beats the joy and happiness brought to us by our loving children.

My two cute sons. Photo taken from my new blog - Photoblog ni Noel
Jump freeze with Ize - Photoblog ni Noel
Learning new things
Yeah, you read it right. I love cooking and eating but that doesn't mean I know a lot of recipes to cook. The beauty of having an internet at home, you can learn a lot of recipes you desire with just a click of your mouse. I always liked "paksiw na isda" but never knew how to cook it so I checked on the internet how to cook it and found out that it was such an easy task. I'd probably cook this recipe more often since Ize liked it too.

I learned to appreciate the value of a housewife
I already knew before how hard it is to tidy up the house and at the same time take care of the children but I never knew it would be this hard, it's harder than I thought. Well, I am getting a hang of it though it took almost all day for me to catch up with everything. I never imagined how hard it is to manage two kids (1 baby and 1 kid) specially when both are hungry. I can manage if both child are the same age or almost a year apart but 1 crying baby and 1 clumsy kid that almost crashes everything he touch is a bit frustrating, almost drives my patience away. Thank God for giving me patience :) and for exercising it.

Anyways, here are just a few of the things I've experience for the past month. I enjoyed this wonderful experience. I am not encouraging husbands to stay at home and let their wife work but I just want you all to know that it's not so bad to be a Dad-at-home person. Wow! It took me almost a week to finish this article, I'm glad I was able to finish it - so busy. God bless you all.

0 comments: