Sunday, March 6, 2011

QT-10012: Romans 8:28-30 (Happiness and Sadness is Not Always)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 
Are we the type of person that goes where happiness is? There is a saying "Life is too short to be anything but happy." But did we ask ourselves, is life all about happiness only?

The past year has been very hard for me and my family, it started Nov-2009 I think. The crisis that hit US before eventually caught-up on our company. 2010 was a year of financial instability for our company and us too. We tried everything in order to survive and thankfully God provided an advance blessing to us, a blessing that suffice us during drought.

To me, it wasn't just a financial crisis - it was a test. A test of faith and patience. It was during that time that I've learned to appreciate what is in front of me and to continually depend on Him - our only source of everything.

Because of our company's crisis, I have to really depend on my salary and since they give the salary almost every three months it is hard to make things meet. The gravity of my situation was complicated by my project location assignment. I was asked to work far from my home and since I don't have a car, I have to commute. It is easy to commute if you have money to pay for it. And since our salary don't come on time, I ran out of money before I can receive the next salary.

My burden didn't end there. My manager don't seem to understand the gravity of my situation. I try to explain to him that I can't go to work if I don't have money and since I was assigned in Obhor which is quite far from home, my usual transportation allowance is not enough plus the fact that we don't receive our salaries on time. My only choice was to go to our main office which is very near my home (walking distance only. .When I talked to him before about my situation, he just shrugged his shoulders and told me "I don't care. For me you are absent because you are not there.". I just nod my head with disappointment. And this didn't happen once but a few times already.

But it is not always sadness. My happiness is being with my family and seeing my family when I go back from work is happiness already. I know in a day full of tiring and frustrating moments, there is a kid who looks up on me with great big smile and full of hope when I go home. There is also my wife who continues to support me and love me and understand me. I know I am still blessed among the thousands of OFWs that is working abroad without their families with them.

Our Blessing - Ize.
A blessing came this morning as we check our son-Ize's result of examination. It was all perfect - even Arabic. The teacher said Ize is OUTSTANDING in his class. I saw my wife as she went out the gate with Ize with full smile and excitement. "Ize is Outstanding, he perfected all his exams!" - it was like a beautiful song to hear. A blessing God can only give.
We can never ask for more. Thank you God for all the patience and love you gave us and thank you for the knowledge he has given Ize.

So to conclude things, we have survived a year full of trials and we manage to gain from our loss. It is not always happiness God has promised us. In fact, He said that we would perish just as He did.

I am glad God knew me before these things happened and I knew Him too. I know all things will work together to all those who love Him and all this things shall pass while we smile together in the future. God bless you all.

0 comments: