Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ize's First Memory Verse




It was a frustration for us (me and my wife) to teach our son things that he should be learning since all he could think of is play. One time we where challenged to see one of the kids at the church reciting memory verses - yes, you read it right MEMORY VERSES with 's'. My son is turning 4 this april and I felt shame to our Lord for not teaching my son anything about Him. So me and my wife helped each other in teaching him. We spent days of teaching him the words but it seems all he wanted to do was repeat the words after us.

Last night, my wife asked our son about John 3:16, the memory verse that we are trying to teach him and was surprised to hear him reciting the whole verse. We thought that he is not really interested about the memory verse stuff that he just kept on repeating after us and not reciting but he proved us wrong.

A friend quoted this on her recent article, from NIV Bible - "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." - Prov 22:6 . This is his first and hope to see more memory verses to come. God bless you all.

1 comments:

The Pope said...

I admire your conviction as a Christian and responsible parent towards your child. May your exemplary virtues on responsible parenthood through blog serve as an inspiration to our Christian friends across the internet.

A blessed weekend to you and your family.