Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lapit Na Naman Holiday!

Wow! The day is getting busier every moment at the office. Why? They are on a hurry to finish their stuffs before going on vacation this holiday. Holiday? Yes, Haj Holiday is coming and I just confirmed from my colleagues that our vacation starts on Nov. 24 and back to work again on Dec. 5, how I wish it is always holiday season. But of course that is just a wishful thinking and I am just being selfish.

This holiday, there are some activities waiting for us already but in case we are at home, I've gathered an ample amount of movies for me and my wife to watch already. Here are a shortlist of movies we'll probably watch:

Race to Witch Mountain (Comedy/Adventure/Scifi/Thriller) - never really thought you could mix comedy and thriller but let's see.
Star: Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)

State of Play (Thriller/Drama/Crime) - this looks boring but I think it deserves a second glance. If I still find it boring after 30 minutes, I'll just probably sleep.
Stars: Russell Crow, Ben Affleck.

UP (Animation/Adventure) - I heard this is quite good. The whole family will be watching this.

The Proposal (Comedy/Romance) - my wife watched this already but I have to see it myself. She told me it's a great movie. I'll probably watch this while she's sleeping.
Stars: Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds

Public Enemies (Crime/Drama) - hmm... I wonder, John Dillinger's story? Ok, let's see if it's good, should be since it's Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.
Stars: I said it already

The Ugly Trutch (Comedy/Romance) well, I still don't have this movie. Better check later if they have this.
Stars: Katherine Heigl, Gerard Butler

G.I. Joe (Action/Scifi) - I must watch this again.
Stars: Channing Tatum, Christopher Eccleston, Sienna Miller, Denis Quaid, Ray Park, Rachel Nichols, Maron Wayans, Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Time Traveler's Wife (Romance/Drama/SciFi) - looks serious and good. I heard this is a great movie. I don't have this movie yet. Must add to DVDs to buy.

Inglorious Bastards (Action/Adventure/War) nah! I just thought of including it but never really liked the movie, even the trailer. I don't hate Brad Pitt, I just don't like the story.

Gamer (Action/Scifi/Thriller) - looks interesting, bloody-interesting. Added to must buy.
Star: Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor

9 (Animation/Adventure/Fantasy/Scifi/War) I've seen 10 minutes of the movie and I think it's great. I just don't have time.
Star Voices: Elijah Wood, Christopher Plummer, Martin Landau, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Crispin Glover

Whiteout (Action/Thriller/Mystery/Crime) - I always liked Kate and mysteries. Looks good. Added to must buy.
Stars: Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht, Columbus Short

Jennifer's Body (Comedy/Horror/Scifi/Thriller) hmmm... looks interesting. Maybe I'll just have a glance on her body - just a glance. If I could borrow, I'll just borrow if there is none, I'll just pass.
Stars: Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Johnny Simmons, Adam Brody, J.K. Simmons, Amy Sedaris, Allison Janney

Surrogates (Action/Scifi/Thriller) I just hope it's not like Sin City. I've seen the trailer and it looks good.
Stars: Bruce Willis, Radha Mitchell, Rosamund Pike, Ving Rhames

Astro Boy (Animation/Action/Scifi) I sure want to see his butt in action. I saw the trailer and was really amazed. I hope it's available even if it is just a clear copy.

Men Who Stare at Goats (History/Comedy) I always like George's comedy flics. Looks weird and interesting. Hope they have it on DVD.
Stars: George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges

2012 (Drama/Scifi) if they have it, I should have it. Looks great. Another one of those apocalyptic movies.
Stars: John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, Thandie Newton, Oliver Platt, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Woody Harrelson

Twilight 2: New Moon (Fantasy/Thriller/Romance) hmmm... Okay I've seen the trailer, I've seen part 1, I've seen people giggling over this movie and I think it is great. I should probably watch this, or else my wife won't let me watch all of the movies listed here hehe! Sure hope they have it now even if it is a clear copy.
Stars: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson

Like I said, my "SHORTLIST" of movies. I won't probably watch every movie listed here. Just checking out what I have and what I should have.

5 comments:

The Pope said...

Wow holiday na naman, our starts from 26th November and ends on Jan. 5. Like you, I might just stay at home and watch movies. Halos karamihan sa list mo napanuod ko na except New Moon, Astro Boy, Jennifer's Body and Whiteout, also time Traveler Wife.

The Pink Tarha said...

Movies! What a great way to spend the holiday, haha. Don't forget lots of chips and sodas with that. Kami rin, magiging couch potatoes sa bakasyon! :)

Noel Ablon said...

haha! Ang mga nag-comment pa e yung mga walang real names sa mga username.

Hello Pope and Pink! Thanks sa pagdaan at pagbabasa.

Oo nga, 11 days din yata halos ang bakasyon kaya maraming pwedeng mangyari hehe!

Misis ko daw ay everyday workout and diet tea plus treadmill everyday, samahan ko na rin siya kasi medyo nagtatabaan kami, dami kasi nag-birthday nitong end of october and first week ng november hehe.

iya_khin said...

wow movie marathon!!!???

di ko kaya yata yun ha! galaw-galaw naman!

buti pa kayo hanggan Dec.5 kami hanggang 29 lang....

Noel Ablon said...

Hindi naman isang araw yun eh no, ikaw talaga paiiyakin mo ako nun sa sakit ng mata hehe!

Kahit mga 3 movies per day. Baka kulangin pa nga yang movies kung 3 movies nga per day hehe.

I have to dig in on my old movie archive. Baka lumabas pa ang Schindler's List at yung Lord of the Rings Trilogy hehe! hmmm.. oo nga ano.

Meron pa nga akong mga TV Series like Heroes Season 1-4, Supernatural, The Unit, Merlin, Criminal Minds Season 1-4, Thomas the Train Season 4-5 ngek! baka yung baby boy ko mag-marathon nito hehe. At ang huli ay Barney and Friends hehe! Enjoy your holidays pipol!