Saturday, November 16, 2013

Joey Ayala Sings an Edited Version of Lupang Hinirang

Whenever I hear our national anthem being sung by some of our famous artists in Manny Pacquiao's fight I always thought the original and not the sensationalized version is still better but when I heard Joey Ayala's version, I couldn't help but play it over and over again. The words actually made more sense and you can feel more love in the song - it made me proud to be a Filipino again (well, I am always proud but it made me more prouder).

I know for a fact that not all people will agree to what Mr. Joey has made but I do really think it is a great version - it also made me want to petition it to be the new version of our national anthem. I can't disagree with other Netizens when they felt that it is really a great rendition of our beloved national anthem. I just hope Joey won't get into trouble because of this.

Well, I guess the reason why the pronunciation of the words weren't right is because it was derived from the english version - dunno but I also thought the it wasn't pronounced right along time ago but since I am not in the position or don't have the skills to correct it, I just sing it as it is. Enough of my ranting, I know how you must feel right now after seeing the news about the relief efforts (if there was really an effort being done) of our government towards the victims of typhoon Yolanda - its progress (slow progress) and the vain efforts made by some politicians by attaching stickers of their names on the relief goods - hayst! - makes me forget I am a Christian. Well, just watch the movie clip and I know it's worth your time.


By the way, let us continue to pray for the victims of typhoon Yolanda and extend your help in the right channels and please beware of fake NGO's, we don't want to be scammed again don't we? God bless the Philippines.

0 comments: